General Adoption Process
- Look at our Adoptable Pets
- Complete an Adoption Application
- Request a Meet & Greet*
- Complete an Adoption Contract & pay the adoption fee
- Spayed/neutered pets can go home the same-day. Non-spayed or non-neutered pets can be pre-adopted, but must wait until after spay/neuter surgery to go home.
* Completed adoption application is not required to schedule a Meet & Greet.
The PetSmart Charities’ Cat Adoption Room plays a critical role in our community’s efforts to save lives. We’re so thankful for our partners, the dedicated Waco PetSmart staff. Cats from both MARC and the City shelter are available, so there is usually a great selection of cat adoption candidates!
- Visit Waco PetSmart, 4600 Franklin Ave. at New Road
- Complete a Cat Adoption Application
- Ask PetSmart staff any questions you may have. If staff doesn’t know, they’ll call us!
- Complete a Cat Adoption Contract (in store) & pay the adoption fee (in store)
- We place a follow-up call to all PetSmart adoptions to make sure it’s a great fit!
Photo by freestocks on Unsplash